Vanita Blundell has listed a spacious historic 1,925 square foot home for sale in beautiful Coldwater, Kansas! There are 3 bedrooms and 1 ¾ bathroom, original woodwork throughout, open staircase, large sunlit windows, and lots of unique built ins and extra storage space. This home comes with an additional 22,500 square foot lot, so there is plenty of room to expand, build, or plant a large garden. It would make a great family home, vacation home, relaxing country home, beautiful hunting lodge or quiet escape for those in their retirement years.
This historic 1 ½ story home is located just north of the Comanche County Hospital, a short 2 blocks south of Main Street and only 4 blocks west of US Highway 183.
The property taxes for 2018 were $1,074.74.
· Spacious living room with large sunlit windows and hardwood floors.
· Dining area with more large windows and French doors.
· Custom kitchen with large counter tops, double stainless steel sink with a window above, built-in banquette seating area, and gas stove
· 2 Bedrooms with lots of closet space and built ins.
· Full bath with tub/shower combination, vanity and toilet
· Large bedroom area with some shelving.
· Full unfinished basement great for storage and storm shelter with ¾ bath.
· Detached 1 car garage (24’x14’) 336 sf.
This is a rare chance to own well kept, family home just a couple of blocks from downtown Coldwater, Kansas, which is located in the scenic Red Hills area of Southwest Kansas.
This historic, character-rich home is located at 200 S. Frisco Avenue, a short walk to stores and restaurants in Coldwater, Kansas. The property is conveniently located just a mile or so from the Coldwater Golf Course.
The home is serviced by electricity, cell phone service, high speed Internet, satellite television, city sewer and water and natural gas.
This area of Kansas is known for its farming and ranching operations. There are jobs available in this area of the state for agriculture, oil and gas, as well as wind energy.
As an added bonus this country home is conveniently located close to recreational activities, just a couple miles away from Coldwater Lake which is located near Coldwater, not far from the famous the Red Hills Scenic Byway. The city lake and park is situated in the rolling hills and woods of the scenic Gypsum Hills region of the state. The surrounding area offers rugged beauty and stunning vistas. Coldwater Lake is the best kept secret in Kansas and very popular with people of Southwest Kansas and Northwestern Oklahoma.
The 250-acre lake and 930-acre park provide anglers and outdoors people with lots of enjoyable activities. Annual fish stocking is handled by the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission. The lake is located next to a beautiful 10 hole golf course, with very low green fees.
The city of Coldwater provides excellent public schools and a welcoming small town atmosphere. This could be your new luxury lake home in the historic Red Hills.
· 65 miles to the southeast of Dodge City, Kansas
· 62 miles to the north of Woodward, Oklahoma
· 128 miles southwest of Wichita, Kansas
· 202 miles northwest of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
· 323 miles southwest of Kansas City, Kansas
· 407 miles northwest of Dallas, Texas
· 432 miles southeast of Denver, Colorado
To view the property or to gain additional information, please reach out to listing agent Vanita Blundell at our United Country Red Hills Realty & Auction, LLC office at 600 S. Central, Coldwater, Kansas 67029, www.ucredhills.com . Thanks for your interest in this property. If you know of anyone thinking of buying or selling real estate please let us know.
Coldwater, Kansas – The Way Life Should Be!